These rich chocolate bites are perfect for sharing (…or not)!
Gena Hamshaw, a certified nutritionist, cookbook author, and founder of The Full Helping, is passionate about sharing her plant-based lifestyle with her community. Her “compassionate relationship with food” boils down to a thoughtfulness about every ingredient she uses, making her selection of Trade roaster Sightglass a meaningful one. “I love working with Trade, and appreciate the care and consciousness that the company pours into the sourcing process.”
While her recipe is Vegan, you don’t have to be to enjoy these fudgy, nutty truffles — though loving coffee is required!
- 1 lb dark chocolate, chopped
- 1½ tbsp finely ground espresso (like Sightglass Crown Point)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1-2 tbsp coconut sugar (optional)
- 1 cup cashew milk (or your non-dairy milk of choice)
- Dark cocoa powder, for rolling
- Place the chocolate, espresso, vanilla, salt, and sugar into a large mixing bowl.
- Heat the cashew milk to a gentle simmer at a low boil.
- Pour the milk over the chocolate.
- Stir until the mixture is fully melted and glossy smooth.
- Place the bowl in the fridge for two hours.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop enough chocolate mixture to roll into a one-inch ball.
- Roll the ball in cocoa powder (you could also use chopped nuts or coconut).
Read more about Gena’s rich and creamy recipe!
— Photo Credit: Gena Hamshaw, The Full Helping