This week’s cold brew recipe comes to us from Italy, by way of Minneapolis. Created by Peace Coffee‘s Jackson O’Brien, this cocktail contains Campari, though its moniker is a bit of a misnomer. “The Café Milano is named that, because it tastes surprisingly like a Milano cookie,” Jackson tells us.
We recommend starting with a dark roast coffee, as this refreshment “really benefits from a roastier, more developed cold brew to bring out dark chocolate flavors that complement the bitterness of the Campari.”
- 2 oz cold brew concentrate
- 1/2 oz Campari
- 1/2 oz Grand Marnier (you can substitute Triple Sec or Cointreau)
- Orange peel (optional)
- Combine ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice
- Cover and shake vigorously to a slow count of 10
- Pour into your glass and and garnish with an orange peel
— Jackson O’Brien, Head Barista, Peace Coffee
About the Author: Jackson O’Brien is the head barista of Peace Coffee in Minneapolis, Minnesota. When not crafting beverages, he can commonly be found cooking chicken for loved ones, listening to soul and metal music, or purifying himself in the waters of Lake Minnetonka. He has a lot of feelings about flags.