Oh, say can you see a delicious Summer Sip coming your way for July 4th? In honor of Independence Day, we’re whipping up a boozy Americano courtesy of NYC-based Cocktail Enthusiast and Amateur Home Bartender Alex Miller.
The perfect drink heading into the holiday weekend and beyond, we salute this espresso, bourbon, and orange liquor treat!
- 2 oz espresso
- 1 oz bourbon
- 1 bar spoon Demerara sugar
- 1 bar spoon Clement Créole Shrubb
- 1 lemon wedge (optional)
- Fill the bottom of a standard Old Fashioned glass with a heaping bar spoon of sugar
- Pour espresso into the glass to dissolve sugar
- Add bourbon and orange liqueur
Stir to dissolve
- Add ice
Stir thoroughly until properly diluted and cooled
- Add a lemon wedge to garnish